1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Movie I've Seen the Most

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Ocean's 11 (or 12), Regarding Henry and GoodFellas.

At no point will I put any of them in the DVD player. But if I come across them while flipping channels, count me out for two hours.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I could recite Major League line for line before I got to college.. it's far and away No. 1

Close second is probably Shawshank, thanks to TBS. TBS ruins that one too, though.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

"That'll be the day." [/thesearchers]

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Mars Attacks

5. The Hunt for Red October...followed closely by Hoosies, Field of Dreams, Major League and Shawshank Redemption.

6. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Same here, and most likely because it's one of only two DVDs I own, the other being the classic rap film "Choices II: The Setup" by Three 6 Mafia.

But I've probable seen the movies in the Diehard series more often than all other movies combined, unless you throw "Speed" into the "all other movies" category.

I mean, just look at the IMDB plot outline: "A young cop must save the passengers of a bus that has a bomb set to explode if the bus goes below 50 MPH." Great acting, Keanu.

::)

7. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Seven pages and nobody has mentioned Monty Python and The Holy Grail? I'm shocked...

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony

8. Bru

Bru Member

Godfather 1 and 2. The trophy is retired.

That Thing You Do!

....and making a strong move on the outside...

Swingers

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Oooo ... there's some lovely filth over 'ere.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, I suppose if he gripped it by the husk.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Must be a king.

Why?

He hasn't got shit all over him.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So if she floats, that would mean she's made of wood, and hence ...

A WITCH!

Draft saved Draft deleted