1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most useless bit of information you know.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jul 26, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tennessee was the first state to require car seats for babies and the last to require pictures on drivers' licenses (sometime in the early 80s).

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

My dad swears on a stack of bibles that a male raccoon will fuck a female raccoon in the nose, then after he blows a wad in her snout, she'll hock a loogie and aim it down at her cooter, where it gets worked in and-voila-babies in a little more than two months.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S the movie you should be making. In Imax no less.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Armadillos always have two sets of identical twins every time they give birth.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wow. I never would've guessed you're from Tennessee

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's not unlimited men, it's 30. And it works on all Konami games from that era.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Before that it was Ali's grandfather, Oingo Bongo.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's actually 90 men, because you get 2 re-starts.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

In the game where Tom Dempsey kicked the 63-yard-field, he also kicked the shortest possible field goal: 8 yards (goalposts were on the goal line at the time.)

Aerosmith first performed "Dream On" at the Shaboo Inn in Willimantic, Conn. in 1973. If you know Eastern Connecticut, you know how amazing that is.

CCM - famous for its hockey equipment - stands for Canadian Cycle and Motor.

Boris Schlapak of the '72 Baltimore Colts is the only kicker in NFL history to have a career .000 field goal percentage (minimum eight attempts).

All in the Family produced more spinoffs than any other show (Maude, Gloria, Archie Bunker's Place, Jefferson's, Good Times ... there might be others of which I don't recall.)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Also, The Lorenzos (or the DiLorenzos, I forget)

11. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

There's more!

The reason why Monty Python and the Holy Grail ends the way it does is because they ran out of money and had to end it there.

James Taylor played the banjo on Neil Young's "Old Man"

Steely Dan got their name from a vibrator

Seventy-five percent of all Land Rovers ever produced since 1948 are still on the road

Marc Sullivan's stats in RBI Baseball: .193, 1HR. (Yet he ALWAYS produced with runners in scoring position for me.)

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

-- In Walter Johnson's last career game, he didn't pitch. He was a pinch hitter for pitcher Tom Zachary and he flied out to Babe Ruth in right field.

-- It was also the same game that Ruth hit his 60th home run in 1927.

-- The Tonawanda Kardex was the shortest-lived NFL franchise, with just one game in 1921.

-- King Kong Bundy's win over S.D. Jones at the first Wrestlemania was actually 24 seconds, but they announced it as 9. (This always bugged me. Didn't they think fans actually had stopwatches back then?)

-- Quarterback Danny White was the last regular starting NFL player to do double-duty as a punter in 1982 with the Cowboys (Not counting emergency injury replacements).

-- Frank Corral was the last guy to regularly do double-duty of both kick and punt for his team, the 1981 Rams (not counting emergency injury replacements).

Draft saved Draft deleted