1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most useless bit of information you know.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jul 26, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What pearl of knowledge has stuck in your mind over the years that is worth no money, won't help you in your job and won't ever come up in a trivia game, and will make people look at you strange? And no surfing the Net; that's just plain no fun.

Mine is this: the fake video in Money for Nothing shown during the lyric "she's got it sticking in the camera lens" is Sally by the Ian Pearson Band.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Angels starter last night is the grandson of the original Bozo the Clown.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Rutherford B. Hayes was the 19th President of the United States.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Facetious is the only word in the English language that has every vowel in the alphabet in order.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was just going to respond with "facetiously" to be a jerk, but then google found me this:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/page/vowelsinorders

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm still inclined to think this one will make me some money, but it hasn't yet: Bing Crosby, not Peter Falk, was the first choice to play Columbo.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars. You owe me dinner, Elaine.

Ulaan Baator is the capital of Mongolia.

Here's one I always wanted to know ... In "Boyz In Tha Hood," when Rickey pops in his highlight tape for the USC recruiter, who is the actual running back in the video? Because that guy could play. I'm thinking it was some LA-area running back from the mid-80s, like Ricky Ervins or Gaston Green. If I ever run into John Singleton or Maurice Chestnutt on the street, I'm gonna ask him.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

my sj log-in

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I know dooley_womack1's real name.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I know Donkey Kong was supposed to be named Monkey Kong.

I know Dwayne Bowe has a brother named Wayne Bowe.

11. I know how much wood a woodchuck could chuck.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

When former 49ers fullback Fred Beasley first signed with Auburn, he let it be known in the media that he wished to be referred to as "Frederick," because ...

wait for it ...

he had an older brother named Fred.

Draft saved Draft deleted