1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most terrifying phrase in the world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Dad, this is my boyfriend, COCKDIAN!"

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Solid.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Here's the new uniforms. "Carbon" and "steel" are new Oregon school colors, apparently.

http://www.goducks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?ATCLID=3755462&SPID=233&DB_OEM_ID=500&SPSID=3383&PALBID=130143

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The feathers on the shoulder and the helmet disturb me. The rest of it doesn't look that awful.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The feathers remind me of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's characters from Dogma.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I typically cringe at whatever Oregon trots out on the football field, and I'm not a big fan of these, but I have to admit that the alternate "carbon helmet" is a guilty pleasure.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Yellow jersey is awful. The rest look OK.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You've just been bought by Journal Register

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can learn to accept the carbon helmet. The rest is god-awful, even by Oregon standards. It's like a 12-year-old designed these for his create-a-school on NCAA '09. No flow to the colors, the carbon numbers don't work with the gold jerseys at all, and since when is carbon/gray/silver/whateverthefuckthatis associated with Oregon anyway?
    The good news is, Nike will come up with something else in time for the 2010 season.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

so much better than the old crap....

11. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

"George W. Bush has been re-elected."

Wait. That actually happened.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"Freddy Adu, starting at central midfield for the United States."

Draft saved Draft deleted