1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most recent Medal of Honor winners

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://johntreed.com/affirmative-action-get-out-the-vote-medals-of-honor.html

The writer claims that the most recent Medal of Honor winners did not really deserve the medals. He claims that they were given to minorities so Obama could get votes from those groups.
    Of course, he's not eligible for reelection so I don't understand the logic of that statement.
    Also, as a longtime reader of this guy, as best I can tell he's had issues with minorities since he was an officer in the Army and a black mess sergeant mouthed off to him and was not punished for mouthing off at him. Maybe an enlisted man mouthing off to an officer is a big deal but I still don't think that's a legitimate gripe.
    The guy also favors getting rid of the Purple Heart because it rewards bad luck or stupidity.
    That also makes no sense to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted