1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most mortifying moment I have ever witnessed.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 21, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

had no comment

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If a man can't find a cave ... he'll create one.

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

a few years ago the a youth group ion my town that operated through one of the churches decided to put on a play (I honestly don't even remember what play it was) the kid playing one of the lead roles completely forgot his lines in the middle of a huge monologue he was giving. The audience started clapping for him as he stood there trying to remember them, and after a few minutes they just went ahead to the next scene

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

If that's the most mortifying moment you've ever witnessed, consider yourself lucky.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I do. Thanks.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

"I'm looking right at it!"

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I, too, feel mortifying is the wrong word for this thread. I was expecting the dude to answer the phone and hear his family had been in an accident, or involved in the shootings, etc.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Best part? Sax player's first name was Steve ...

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I think mortifying is a perfect word for it. If it had happened to me, I'd have been mortified.

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

This is like reading one of those sensationalist headlines in a newspaper, reading the story, and finding out the headline is much ado about nothing.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You're obviously not a band parent.

12. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Don't ask me why, but your response right there totally justified you using the word mortifying. I'm not being sarcastic, either. I guess if you're looking through the eyes of a parent, it comes across quite differently.

Draft saved Draft deleted