1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most important person in the whole wide world is you!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 7, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone else remember these? I hadn't thought about these in about 35 years until someone brought it up to me a little while ago and no one around me remembers them. I think you have to have been a small small age group... They were little shorts that were on TV when I was 4 or 5 years old giving little life's lessons. They had the theme song at the beginning:

The most important person in the whole wide world is you, and you are hardly even know you.
    The most important person in the whole wide world is you, come on let's show you!

And then they'd mix the cartoon with the ostrich and the Cousin It look-a-like that comes down the rope with little skits with kids. They would mix them in as bumpers between cartoons. I was just reading that they were produced through a grant from the Department of Education.

Am I the only person who remembers these?

Draft saved Draft deleted