1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most fun cities in the US

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

As I recall, there's a Chili's in Scranton. What could be better?

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Bridgeport, Conn. is ranked 15th overall.
    I think I stopped reading after that one.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Not just Bridgeport, but Poughkeepsie, NY and Springfield, MA in the northeast are both ranked much higher than New Haven. Really? I realize its not New York, but New Haven has a lot more going for it than those other places. I would argue Hartford is a better place than Springfield (that's not saying much).

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, El Paso is a pretty cool city. I was only there two days, but I had a good time. Not the first city I think of when I think of fun, but it ain't the last, either.

Speaking of...just got word that my younger brother, who's in the Army, is transfering bases -- from El Paso to Hawaii. Slight upgrade. :)

5. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Yes, that is an upgrade, No. 96 to 77. He can only hope Akron is his next stop. They're No. 56.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

With all of the drug cartels murdering everything in sight just across the border, I wouldn't exactly describe El Paso as "fun" right now. More like "wouldn't go there for a million dollars."

7. JackReacher

While I was there -- again, only two days -- I didn't feel scared for my life at all. Then again, there's plenty of city to enjoy without being right down at the border, too. My brother has lived there for nearly a year and hasn't experienced anything horrible. Not once. And he ventures off base very often. Like every day.

That said, I see your point. Something could pop off at any point.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've been to El Paso and Juarez. I enjoyed the visits, but there are dozens of other cities I consider to be more fun. Fort Collins, Colo., for one.

9. JackReacher

I never said El Paso was the King of Fun. Just that I didn't hate my time there.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Great pull.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

What about Cawker City, Kansas?

They have the world's largest ball of twine and you can actually touch it!

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fort Fun!

Draft saved Draft deleted