1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The morning Coke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If it weren't so expensive, I'd start my day with a 16-oz. can of Amp every day.

But then I start with a $5 venti peppermint mocha from Starbucks most mornings, so why am I hesitant about spending $2 for hyperDew?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In college, I had to ration my Mountain Dew to limit myself to a case a week... I still love the stuff, but I only drink Coke Zero, Sprite Zero and the Diet Dews...

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Never had the 'nads to try that stuff... but it looks as disgusting as it sounds.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

If they had Diet Blak, I bet I'd like it (regular would probably be too sweet for me). I often drink coffee and Diet Coke at the same time (not in the same mouthful).

OK, I'm weird. ;D

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Random thought about Sprite Zero: If there's less of the bad stuff in it, what's left? Seems like you'd just be drinking watery lemon-lime?

8. Mizzougrad96

Sprite Zero is quite good. It doesn't taste like diet...

9. sartrean

sartrean Member

Shit, I thought I was the only person that chopped out a few lines of coke before chugging down my grande supremo latte with grated espresso beans sprinkled on top.

The hell with diet coke, it's the fine columbian that gets me going!

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share that I'm having my morning Code Red right now.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Seconded. It might not have been so bad were they to use regular sweetners, but they instead used a HFCS/aspartame mix, which is what doomed Coca-Cola C2 and Pepsi Edge -- they couldn't get rid of the artificial sweetner aftertaste even when used in smaller portions, meaning the low-cal drinkers saw no benefit in drinking it when it taste no better than Diet Coke/Coke Zero, and the regular-cal drinkers couldn't get past the taste.

12. Mizzougrad96

I didn't mind Coke Blak, except for the fact that if you find it on sale it costs about $1 per small bottle...

It's also not something I could ever drink regularly...

Draft saved Draft deleted