1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The morning Coke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And the Diet Coke girl on rollerskates is my type of girl. Love her.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Coffee in the a.m. gives me an upset stomach, but I love to drink black coffee after dinner. I'm trying to limit the sodas to one or fewer a day (cut it out entirely during Lent) and as a result have become addicted to the $1 sweet tea from McDonalds. I'll drink one or two a day.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I love the smell of Dr Pepper in the morning :)

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh Christ, someone call IJAG!! No period, Claws, no period!!

5. Songbird

Can someone here help find something for me? About 10 years ago Coke had a commercial with a woman who had the sexiest smile I've ever seen. The commercial shows her face from the nose down, and after she raises a glass of freshly poured Coke to her nose, bubbles bubbling and ticking her nostrils, she smiles. God, I love that smile. But I can't find it on youtube. Maybe someone smarter here can. Thanks.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Songbird, I say this in the fondest way possible, but you are one weird dude. :D

7. Songbird

I aim to please. Anyway, I was so moved by her smile/laugh that I wrote Weezer-esque lyrics to a song. Just need someone to put some music to it.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I prefer to call Coke or Dr Pepper fizzy cold coffee. Coffee smells great, but tastes like shit. And even if I did like coffee, I could only drink it this time of year.

The idea of starting my day with coffee in July, when it's 80 degrees by 9 a.m., repulses me. And I'm trying not to drink so much pop. But I'm losing that battle.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You may in fact be my long-lost brother.

I drank Mountain Dew first thing in the morning for YEARS...from junior high school well into adulthood (i.e. when I should have known better). When I was younger, I'd drink Mountain Dew with my waffles while reading the sports page at the kitchen table.

Later, when I'd wake up in time to make it to breakfast at college, I'd drink Coke (damn campus was Coca-Cola).

I kicked the soda-in-the-morning habit a few years ago during one of my aborted diets. Once in a while, if I'm driving a long distance first thign in the morning, I'll have a Pepsi with me.

Now, it's water in the morning afternoon. Trying to cut down to one can of soda a night. Need caffeine but hate coffee.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Pet peeve for me, too, after J-school classes.

Personally, I would rather wake up to hot chocolate than to coffee during the winter months. Coffee tastes great when it's from Starbucks, but not otherwise. I rarely drink coffee when it's not a Starbucks mocha of some sort.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Still do, BYH, though I've recently added Dr Pepper-Coke to my caffeine route (my god...I'm sorry).

MD from the can is heaven.

12. statrat

statrat Member

I've had two cokes already this morning, but only because the office somehow managed to run out of coffee, and its snowing and 22 degrees outside so I don't feel like driving down the street to Starubucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted