1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Millen Man March

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 23, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nothing on firemillen.com, freep or detnews...

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I read on Yahoo (I think) that there were about 100 that walked out. I can't find the link now tho. Will keep looking

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Would it have made a difference? Sounded like it was a pro-Bears crowd anyway.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm curious to see how many walked out in what turned out to be a decent game.

We didn't get it here, and I was busy watching the Beauty and the Geek marathon on MTV. ;D

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I never said I was shocked. On the contrary, it was exactly what I expected. You could have had 50,000 people walk out and never known it from the TV broadcast.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome to the Silverdome/Ford Field when things go bad...

I remember vividly my first Lions' game at the Silverdome. Tampa Bay was in the second season of its 26-straight losses and you'd have thought the game was in Tampa.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

still gotta love the Lie-downs tho...

"Detroit was without cornerback Fernando Bryant (concussion) and returner Eddie Drummond (hip), and defensive line coach Joe Cullen, who was suspended by the NFL for the game for two arrests -- one for nude driving and one for drunken driving."

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it took the NFL four months to decide those were activities unsuitable for a coaching staff member.

The Lions quite obviously have still decided those activities are not suffficient reason to terminate his employment.

All season long, the weekly practice stories have mentioned that Marinelli (who is clearly is way, way over his head in the deep end of the pool as a HC) has been "spending extra time personally tutoring the DL," apparently because the DL coach has other demands on his time.

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

Millen and the Ford family both need to go. Millen has never won, and never will. I wish him a swift kick in the balls.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Are there any good wide receivers in the draft this year?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ted Ginn and Calvin Johnson.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Please ... do not banish Calvin Johnson to Detroit.

Wasn't having Reggie Ball as his QB at Georgia Tech punishment enough?

Draft saved Draft deleted