1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mike & Mike Roast

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A roast in Atlantic City for one's eight-year work anniversary redefines "forced." I'm asking my wife if I can go to Vegas to celebrate my 29th month as a self-employed writer.

2. Where were famous women swilling from vodka bottles when I was young?

3. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Dana Jacobson is wild and unpredictable.

4. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

how in the world does a man actually enjoy lighthouse ... and then write ... "While short, the set was certainly sweet as frontman Jason Wade showed off his great vocal chops. It definitely added some value to the night."

does he have friends? doesn't he know they will likely be reading this story?

wow.

5. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

had to be sarcasm, right?

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No, it's the ONLY way to do it, Inks. What a mess.

This writer should claim overtime, pad his expense account, whatever it takes in that vain attempt to get three hours of his life back.

If I couldn't stand Mike&Mike before, this exercise in self-congratulatory, tiny penile flagellation isn't going to help the cause.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, this line works even better if you insert "Hey Golic" "Yes Greeny" in front of it.

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Didn't read the story, so I'm not sure this was in there. ... But this "event" benefited the V Foundation, and I'm betting it raised a pretty penny for it.

Just sayin'.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I can imagine the conversation...

"You know how I know you're gay?"

"No, how do you know I'm gay"

"Cuz you wrote that you like Lifehouse..."

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Especially if you feed her a couple of sugar cubes and some nice, freshly-cut carrots...

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I got this off a BLOG!, but I think its worth linking to -- video of Jeffrey Ross' monologue during the roast. The guy taking it isn't exactly in the box seats and the camera's shaky, but the sound comes through loud and clear.

http://smallwhiteball.blogspot.com/2008/01/mike-and-mike-roast-first-video.html

I have to say, Jeffrey Ross fuckin' rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.