1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michele Bachmann Migraine Story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Stitch, you're saying migraines can render a person incapacitated for a time, which is something I know and have seen secondhand, and seen it enough to make me very glad I don't know it firsthand. That is tons different from taking pills or being not "in great shape."

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So, bottom line, she's not faking headaches to avoid sex with her husband?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Being high or in poor physical shape affects judgement as well.

4. LongTimeListener

No doubt, Stitch. So does being asleep, as Reagan was for the final 3-4 years. In this case, though, it appears that by voting for her a person would be acknowledging and accepting that there will be many times during the term that she will be unable to make a decision she needs to make.

That said, I would LOVE to see her as Obama's opponent. But for other reasons :)

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

As I told another guy yesterday, this time four years ago there were many conservatives wanting Obama to win the Democratic primary. They wanted nothing to do with Hillary and thought Obama was beatable.

Be careful what you wish for. That is all.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

?

7. While I think she's a fucking nut. I'm not sure this a big story.. A concern? Maybe, but I doubt it.
    I don't think the country would fall apart because she's bedridden by a migraine. And I don't think she would allow something like that to seriously affect her ability to govern. I think she's waaaaaaay more hindered by an acute case of dumbassery.

JFK suffered from severe, chronic back pain and Addison's Disease. Didn't slow him down from skirt chasing.
    Woodrow Wilson suffered a debilitating stroke and the country was effectively run by his wife.
    Grover Cleveland had major jaw surgery for cancer while in office.

A factor? Yes. Not the deciding one in my book.
    Fibromyvagina (as my wife calls it) on the other hand ...

8. LongTimeListener

Wow that is awesome. I can think of one person in particular that supposedly had this, and does this name ever fit her to a T.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!! :)

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

No, her husband is faking headaches to avoid sex with HER.

But seriously, folks... what's more interesting to me is that, already, former aides are dumping on her, on a conservative web site. Methinks the conservative powers-that-be are afraid she might actually get nominated, so they're handling the hatchet jobs on Bachmann.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Texas forever !

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know a lot of people who suffer from migraines and it doesn't prevent them from doing their jobs.

I'm not a Bachmann fan on any level, but they're reaching here...

Draft saved Draft deleted