1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michele Bachmann-Jimmy Fallon controversy...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 24, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But here's another point: if this had been directed at Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton, they wouldn't have had to be the bigger person ... the media and left-wing blogosphere would have done that dirty work for them.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Careful. What you and others call a whopper is frequently just an opinion you don't like.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'll ask again: Joe Wilson. "You lie!" Your thoughts?

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Fallon is such a tool. His show sucks. (And I'm not defending Bachman at all, she's a tool as well.) QuestLove is stupid for tweeting prior to the show then back-peddled afterwards.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Careful.

motherjones.com/mojo/2011/10/bachmann-revives-debt-ceiling-blank-check-lie

www.dccc.org/page/content/bachmannwatch

crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/cbs-bob-schieffer-calls-out-bachmann

Thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/more-michele-bachmann-history-lies-george-washington-said-so-help-me-god/politics/2011/11/19/30476#.TtAlakozUfg

www.politicususa.com/en/bachmann-dairy-farm

www.mediaite.com/tv/rep-michele-bachmann-lies-about-her-hpv-vaccine-claims-during-republican-debate/

www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2011_11/bachmanns_giant_lie033577.php

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just because Joe Wilson behaved like an ass doesn't make it right for others. Does every side get a free pass every time the other shows buffoonery? Where does it all end?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not saying she doesn't play fast and loose sometimes. So do almost all the politicians on either side of the rail. Still doesn't excuse SNL.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

SNL?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson: that insulting the President of the United States on the floor of the House of Representatives during a speech to a joint session of Congress is exactly equivalent to a musical wisecrack on NBC's second-to-worst late night show.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/members/2116/

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

well, it is the second-to-worst Congress.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Dammit, Michelle, if you want to throw brickbats as part of your schtick, fine. Just don't play the wounded flower when someone lobs one at you, mmmkay!
    Yes, the Roots wouldn't have done it to Michelle Obama. They wouldn't have done it to Laura Bush, either, because the previous First Lady didn't throw gratutitous verbal cheap shots.

Draft saved Draft deleted