1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michele Bachmann-Jimmy Fallon controversy...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 24, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

For the first and I hope last time in my life, I will defend Michelle Bachmann; playing that song for a guest on your show is despicable and you should be suspended.

Of course, you should also be suspended just for having a "?" in your name, as well.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I disagree completely.

It's always OK for a host and/or band to insult a guest whose politics I disagree with. Why are late-night shows there, if not to attempt to influence public opinion?

Now, had they done this to someone I respect . . . THAT would have been classless.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Certainly true. But my point is the fact that Michelle Bachman is a lady and Michelle Obama does not make them the same. It was a cheap thing to do, but her delusions are enormous. One is the first lady. One is a political candidate who routinely attacks people. A certain amount of deference and respect is always paid to the First Lady. I'm quite certain Laura Bush would not have been greeted by The Roots with Lying Ass Bitch.

I would be more sympathetic to Ms. Bachmann if she did not take umbrage with literally everything. Frankly, she simply isn't tough enough to run for president. The libruhl media/Hollywood elite took ridiculous cheap shots at Al Gore and John Kerry constantly, and they didn't run on MSNBC ever time it happened to whine about the unfairness of the world.

And frankly, Piotr, I didn't say it was goddamn ok to diss her, just because I disagree with her politics.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She is not the First Lady but she is a duly-elected member of Congress and entitled to some kind of respect. And she's right in one regard -- it would never happen to a Democratic First Lady.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And how did you feel about Joe Wilson?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When Rep. Bachmann begins to compile a verbal record which comes close to respecting indisputable facts, she'll get more respect. Until then . . .

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah from Mr. Predictable.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Liberals hate female Republicans more than they hate common sense.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once again (the supporters of) a supposedly battle-hardened tough-as-nails ready-for-anything wingnut warrior-princess go into vapors if anyone calls them nasty names. Just like junior high school. Heat, kitchen, etc etc etc.

10. Clambake Clem

Clambake Clem Member

I cannot believe there are people here actually defending this ignorant and childish activity. Seriously, I guess a republican woman if fair game for anything to some people on this board.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Has more to do with her being a lying ass bitch than a Republican, but I'll withhold judgment until Carlton Banks weighs in.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can't stand Bachmann, but there is no defense for doing something like that.

Take the high road. Let her roll around in her own muck. Don't let her play the victim card.

Draft saved Draft deleted