1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michele Bachmann-Jimmy Fallon controversy...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is it possible the board missed this one? I really apologize if this is a DB, but I searched on Fallon and Bachmann and found nothing...

Apparently The Roots played "Lyin Ass Bitch" by Fishbone when she was introduced.

As a republican, I detest Bachmann for her views on homosexuals, and as a music fan, I worship The Roots.

That said, when someone is a guest on your show, they should be treated better than that. I truly wonder if The Roots thought the reference would go unnoticed, playing a fairly obscure 25-year-old song.

Every indication is that Fallon has apologized and the apology was accepted. There's been no indication that Fallon knew what The Roots were going to play.

I don't so much think it's a big deal as I think it's funny...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/michele-bachmann-wants-apology-from-nbc-for-song-outrage/2011/11/23/gIQAYU5lpN_story.html

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It was whined about on the U-bomb thread.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Word.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I have to chuckle at this kind of delusion:

You're not the First Lady, Congresswoman. You're a politician, with, all due respect, a tendency to tell lies. And it appears ?uestlove was suspended. I agree you were disrespected, but I'm also confident this is the greatest thing that could have possibly happened to you on Fallon, since it only refuels your never-ended desire to pound the drum of persecution.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I saw that thread and the person who started it yesterday and avoided it like the plague. :D

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Mentioned. Not whined about.

The point is/was, you can manufacture a controversy every single day if you want to.

Neither was right. Was either really worth getting all worked up about?

Rush Limbaugh? Jimmy Fallon's band?

Here's my nominee for manufactured outrage of the day:

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just as racists hate being called racists, lying-ass bitches hate being called lying-ass bitches.

8. YankeeFan

I might have to reconsider my choice:

9. YankeeFan

Eh, at least have the guts to say it to her face then.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was kind of chicken shit, and I suppose a suspension for ?uestlove is probably in line.

Having said that, as a Fishbone die-hard from their early days -- I believe I saw them live 16 times in roughly a two year period in the early 80s -- I thought this was pretty damn awesome. And the silly thing about all this is, maybe .001% of the TV audience would even recognize what they were playing.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's funny, I thought it was a holiday traditionally steeped in gluttony and football.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Don't forget consumerism.

Draft saved Draft deleted