1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michael Vick Diaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

1. Lighten the hell up.
    2. It's against the law to raise dogs for the purpose of fighting them, and it's against the law to be inhumane to those animals. It is not against the law to hunt deer in season, or slaughter pigs you raise, since that they are food and dogs are not (outside of Asia, that is).

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So to speak

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Human beings were once considered property in this country, too. And there weren't any laws to protect them either.

Just because they're property doesn't give anyone the right to mistreat them.

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

SigR is an idiot and/or a piece of shit.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I vote for both, myself.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I never really thought Norman Chad was all that funny. This column was typical of his work.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Vick wasn't sentenced to 23 months for killing dogs; he was sentenced to 23 months for killing dogs and lying about it five times to judges and investigators. His apologists tend to forget these inconvenient facts.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The single most telling indicator of human character is how folks treat other
    mammals who don't have the power to get back at them . . . whether human, or otherwise.

George Steinbrenner has failed this test for decades, of course.

So has Vick.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I agree that wasn't all that funny.

But Michael Vick is fair game.

Also, he broke an unjust law? Your ideas of what is just are very different from mine, SigR.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Isn't there a line for that?

11. JLaff

JLaff Guest

The listing for this auction was on Bill Simmons' latest column, but it shocked me. There are 15 bids (8 bidders) for <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Autographed-Michael-Vick-Falcons-Jersey-7-NFL_W0QQitemZ320323424657QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item320323424657&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A16|39%3A1|240%3A1318">this autographed Michael Vick jersey</a>. Why on earth would anyone want a Vick jersey, even as some sort of bad joke?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jersey, you say?

[​IMG]

Good luck getting that autograph.

Draft saved Draft deleted