1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michael Vick Diaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/12/06/michael_vick_fortune.html

Are jokes about his finances allowed?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's a sad story all the way around.

3. dmc

dmc Guest

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I can't believe some of you are offended by this.

Remember what he did to those dogs? And then lied about it? Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick...

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why? Tough shit for Vick.

Actions have consequences.

Let Vick, Burress and O.J. enjoy the consequences of theirs.

6. KG

KG Active Member

Should we punish child molesters or the coercive society that made it illegal to molest a child?

A law is a law is a law. Laws are put there for a reason, and until they are no longer laws, we are to abide by them. His livelihood and freedom wasn't stripped away. He gave it away when he chose to break those laws.

You know what, in a round about way, dogs are property. My dogs belong to me and no one else. I have paperwork showing that I am the person who ADOPTED them. They are mine. Does that give me the right to torture them over and over and over and over until one day they happen die from it? No way, and there's a special place in hell for those who think it's ok.

Pigs are humanely (and in a pain-free manor) rendered unconscious before they are even slaughtered. Not once do they go through something terrifying or painful in the process. Dogs raised for fighting are conditioned (by means of torturous methods) to be as violent as they are by their shithead owners like Vick. Then they are thrown into a tiny pit with another dog that has been conditioned to be violent by their shithead owners like Vick.

There is simply no comparison between pig farming and dog fighting.

SigR, if I believed in reincarnation, I'd certainly rather come back as a pig on a farm than a Vick dog.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think what KG's saying is that we should fight pigs and farm dogs. :D

8. KG

KG Active Member

Bite me, dools.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm not offended but I do think it's an all-too-easy and cheap column that, frankly, isn't particularly funny.

A shower joke about a man in prison. Imagine that! An obligatory line about O.J. Simpson, check. The pasty and paunchy Caucasian even has a soul food joke: chateau briand and collard greens! And, of course how could you get into Michael Vick's head without invoking his "homies"?

Ugly column.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Cran just beat me to this one. Completely fair game to make fun, but it wasn't funny. I'm a Chad fan, but that was a big whiff.

11. He truly didn't bring the funny, but that's not what the argument was.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It was so unfunny, I thought Rick Reilly wrote it.

Draft saved Draft deleted