1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michael Vick Diaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As reported by Norman Chad:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/07/AR2008120702308.html

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Tacky.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Tired

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When the Giants signed Burress to a five-year deal in September worth a maximum of $35 million, they had a right to expect at least three more productive seasons. Now, if Burress winds up in jail, the next pass he catches might be from Michael Vick after a play-action fake to O.J. Simpson.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cards-Boldin-could-be-Giants-answer-to-replace?urn=nfl,127497

6. heyabbott

First thing I do when I get on the outside, I'm eating a meal without a spork

7. SigR

SigR Member

That was great. Let's make fun of someone who had his livlihood and freedom stripped away. When you break unjust laws, should we blame you or the coercive society who creates those laws? How about instead of the 10 millionth joke about Vick, a few more people write what needs to be said: dogs are property. Just because they are fluffy and have good personality doesn't mean that Vick should go to jail and the farmer down the road who slaughters pigs should be praised as the great American farmer.

Any person who has ever cracked a joke on Vick's behalf should be ashamed of himself.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, stripped away? By his own doing.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Where is the blue font?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I love dogs at the same time. I think Vick has been exploited in many ways and this sentence he's serving is making him an example.
    Once he's through with his sentence, I say let the man enjoy his life.

11. heyabbott

I agree, partially. Jail sucks and he doesn't deserve all the time he got, unless he was involved in more nefarious undertakings then has been made public, which is doutful.

While he's being an example because of who he is, he got into the trouble he's in for the same reason.

12. I'm as bleeding a heart as you'll find around here but this thread has taken a turn into the surreal. The guy committed federal crimes and lied about it. Now, it's somehow unfair to crack jokes about it? Holy hell, he's not a political prisoner.

Draft saved Draft deleted