1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Michael Grimm thing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 29, 2014.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

roid rage

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brian Kilmeade: "Reichsfuhrer, Besides the Jews, which groups are responsible for the unemployment in the Fatherland?"
    Heinrich Himler " Brian, I'm only here to discuss the Jewish problem, not the homos and gypsies"

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Exactly. Or just give a quick, "It's under investigation and I can't comment on that right now. I'll be happy to once the investigation is over.", and nobody would be talking about it today.

Sometimes you have to think ahead or think on your feet. That's why you're getting paid the big bucks. It reminds me of when Palin was running for VP and got upset over Couric's newspaper question. You're a heartbeat away from the most important job in the land and you may have switch gears at a moment's notice for a crisis and you're afraid of a mere question? Suck it up and answer.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't know how anybody can defend this. Of course, the first terse response and walking away was fine. Coming back and threatening the guy in front of the camera was just plain stupid.

Also, thanks to Moddy for starting this.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

It appears this clown has a history of abusive and threatening behaviour, all while working in government service. But the fact of this matter is, he should be arrested and prosecuted. You know full well if the reporter had said the same things to the politician, he'd have already been fired.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

And, likely, in jail.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The 28-percenters are going to fatten his bank account, sadly.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wonder if Mr. Grimm knows that an uncle of the reporter he abused is a Gambino family underboss?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

NY1's own history of dealing with a violent employee is not sterling.

Dominic Carter was a violent, abusive asshole, and it earned him a promotion to the anchor chair of their flagship program:

Everyone knew he treated his wife like shit:

But, despite all that, he was a "respected figure at NY1."

Police were called out numerous times:

He beat her up again in 2008:

He didn't get fired from NY1 until 2009. By this time, the cops had been to his home multiple times, and his boss at NY1 admits there were some "shoving incidents" at work:

When NY1 gets indignant about how its reporter was treated, remember that they didn't seem to mind when it was their own employee dishing out actual beatings to fellow employees, and his wife.

So, what ever happened to Dominic anyway. Surely he never found another job in broadcast journalism, right?

http://www.rnntv.com/blog/user/26

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Grimm is a thug from Staten Island so he may live on the same block as that or another Gambino family underboss and may be on the same payroll. The Gambinos have had a strong hold on Staten Island since the days of Paul Castellano, John Gotti and Sammy "The Bull" Gravano.

http://nypost.com/2012/10/08/si-pols-partner-is-capos-good-pal/

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted