1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Merchants of Chaos

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by chilidog75, Aug 4, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So now Scientology is sponsoring SportsJournalists.com? I feel like such a wog.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Five weeks is way, way, way more than enough time.

Two weeks, or about two postponements, would be plenty.

Don't have time? Make time.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The point is being missed. Which is why SportsJournalists.com is accepting advertising from the "church" of scientology. Are times really that hard?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's an automatic ad Albert. Website X has a thread about Joe Blow and if there is a company buying ads on the web it gets placed with the thread. Like the SarahPAC ads on the Palin threads et. al.

5. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Or those "Journalism is Dead" ads.

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

It's a fascinating piece. I highly recommend you take the time to read it if you are so interested.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nobody here should be complaining about the ads on SportsJournalists.com. Either get a subscription so you don't have to see them any more or be thankfull for the free ride. (And yes, I'm taking the second option so far.)

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Which piece is fascinating? The Merchants of Chaos definitely does not fit into that category.

Personally, I think it's funny that the leadership of the Church of Scientology believes that the paper needs to tour churches around the country out of fairness because reporters traveled around the country to meet with sources.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Good point, Dan. But I still feel a little slimy after reading some of that stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted