1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the men, women and sports thread, reborn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by luckyducky, Oct 21, 2008.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

No.

But I'll do it anyway.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i've always lived for my work. been in love a few times but never loved in return. maybe never even really liked. in fact, i know i've never been liked. so it's been easy to dive head-first and knee-deep into work.

and every job at every paper in every state and country i've been at i've loved beyond exreme. i gave each outfit my heart and soul till the end.

i've worked hard and played harder since 1989.

but at 37 i want to love a woman who loves me. the real love. the real thing. i crave the loving touch of a good woman. always been a lone wolf, but that gets lonesome. maybe i don't want to be married to the job anymore but a good woman instead. and short of that, just once in my life, be the object of someone's desires.

it's hard to find her when you work in the newsroom betwixt 3 pm and 2 in the a.m.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Some people ask me, "Why don't you go out and meet someone?," and I ask, "When?"

When you work six days a week, almost always the last one out of the office at night, it gets tough. I haven't looked in almost five years, so it'snot just about time. But in order to haqve a "normal" life, "normal" hours would help.

Draft saved Draft deleted