1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The meat spectrum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jan 30, 2013.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The mention of the sea turtle reminds me of one of my favorite QI questions/segments:

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You didn't see Indiana Jones and the Awful Awfulness?

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd eat the women first.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd never seen that QI show before.
    Tremendous.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I did, but I'd forgotten that part, a long with most of the movie.
    So - nuclear blast and refridgerator in the movie, lead-lined cups and ball-eating not in movie.

I have to revert to the previous scenario: If I'm at the point where I'm eat human meat, I'm not going to sweat about the quality of the cut.

A little Grey Poupon, we're munching.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've had up through #13. Not a big deal.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Here seems a good place to tell this story on myself. :p

As someone who grew up hunting and fishing, I have eaten about every type of game animal your can think of native so the Southern Appalachians (no skunk or possum). Squirrel is very good fried, made into gravy and served over biscuits or toast. Anyway, when I was in the Navy I had come home one weekend and gone squirrel hunting and killed several. The way you clean a squirrel is cut him up the middle to get out all the insides; cut off his head, tail and feet; then pull his skin off like removing a wetsuit. You can picture how what remains looks like.

I took the squirrels and froze them to take back to Charleston. One night for supper I decided to fix a couple of the squirrels and took them out of the freezer to thaw. While they were thawing, I might have had a shot or six. Well, they took longer to thaw than expected, leaving time for more shots. By the time the squirrels were thawed enough to cook, I was quite drunk and no longer hungry or in the mood to cook. Soooo, in my not clearly thinking state I opened the door and threw the squirrel bodies outside into the middle of the complex.

My guess is the next morning someone came out and figured Jeffrey Dahmer had moved into the building. Not one of my finer moments, but I'll own it!

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This list seems ridiculous. I've never seen ostrich, but I eat gator weekly.

10. Move testicles and penis to No. 20 and I'll eat 19 of them.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I've had an ostrich burger. It was good.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The issue isn't what you have eaten but what you knowingly would eat.

Draft saved Draft deleted