1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The meanest mom on the planet...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Scariest part of the story was about the classified ad offering the car:

"The ad cost a fortune ..."

Hey we're not irrelevant, we're overpriced!

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

she should have used craigslist -- sell the car, save the coin, get a journalist downsized

3. If the guy was drinking and driving, that's one thing...But maybe he was just using the car as a convenient place to store the booze away from the prying eyes of his (now-confirmed-to-be-crazy) mom.

Losing a car for beer?? At 19?? And people are applauding this?? Only in America.

EDIT: That said, if he wants/wanted car without restrictions, I guess he should buy his own.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nah. She's smart. She got a story and more pub this way.

I think that's the special. Five lines of classified, 1 story, 1 editorial and an SportsJournalists.com thread for $59.99.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I wonder if he'll see a penny of that...

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Meanest mom? I think she would disagree:

[​IMG]

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Uh, Dad, don't you think most guitar heroes smoke pot? It's just an extension of the game. Get a grip dude.

And good for the mom. Glad my dad never searched my car :)

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Right. Because it's a great idea for underage drinkers to have alcohol in a vehicle.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So what you're saying is it's OK for underage teens to possess alcohol, and it's OK for the same teens to hide the alcohol from the "prying" mom (who owns the house...the kid doesn't). It's also OK for him to hide the booze in a car?

Folks....positive American values right there.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Dude sold Guitar Hero for $9,000. That's NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS. About now, he's telling his son, look, I need to punish you some more. Here's your weed back. And here's some Pseudoephedrine. There's some pots and a hot plate in the attic. Cook some crystal meth. Just don't burn the house down, OK?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why is the mother seeking attention with this?

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Don't mind her, she's drunk.

Draft saved Draft deleted