1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (maybe) triumphant return of: If... (updated 8-12)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jul 18, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: The (maybe) triumphant return of: If... (updated 7-31)

Double Down's post is the reason why I always try to post before him on any thread. Because I could never follow that.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I still think people confused double down's when voting for All-SJ last year.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Someone please slap me in the face in five months and remind me to vote Double Down for poster of the year. Between that post, and his career-paths post a few months ago, he already has this one sewn up.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

They had to have, sc. I know I capitalized it right.

Double Down (two words, capitalized, no numbers) and Buck are shafted each year. I will not argue this (well, I will, but I shouldn't have to).

5. pallister

pallister Guest

She would

*Engage me physically, mentally and emotionally
    *Have a sense of humor
    *Not take herself too seriously
    *Not take me too seriously
    *Tell me I'm an idiot when I'm an idiot
    *Wear sweats around the house
    *Understand my obsession with the NFL (bonus points if she actually likes the NFL)
    *Love dogs

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I intend to begin my Buck for poster of the year campaign earlier this time.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You and I can team up. I think Doc has the Double Down campaign.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd relive my Homecoming date as an out-of-body observer just to laugh at what a simpering dipshit I was. I was so nervous I made Woody Allen look like Clint Eastwood from the Good, Bad and the Ugly.

On the Awkward Scale, my end-of-date kiss ranks somewhere between someone accidentally blurting out the word "retard" when the reception hall at an in-laws' wedding goes suddenly silent and the mental image of Coach K putting on a Kangol hat and trying to breakdance a la the breakdancers in Billy Joel's Uptown Girl video.

So yeah. I guess that pack of condoms I had just in case was destined to stay in drylock until Bell-Biv-Devoe's career was over. And this was 1988. OK, you got me, there's no way in hell I actually bought condoms. I was happy to get what "action" I got.

Honest to God, my date turned big time to Jesus shortly after our date. I believe I've relived this always enjoyable and humiliating topic before on SJ, but she was particularly fond of her McJesus: 1 Million Saved T-shirt. She went to some crazy-ass Bible-thumping school down south and later turned up at Ball State just as I was graduating, ready to bone her way out of her Bubbler-induced Jesus freakiness.

God I was fucking dork. IJAG would have laughed at my ass.

9. Bubbler

Don't forget Ace. He's my man this year.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Eh, Ace isn't even good enough for the Plain Dealer. And I grew up reading that rag.

11. Bubbler

Ace is the man. But so is Double Down. Can't fault Buck either. Why can't our presidential elections work this way?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahahaha. Whoever wins it has massive shoes to fill. That's all I'm saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted