1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (maybe) triumphant return of: If... (updated 8-12)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jul 18, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My mom shipped my book back to me in a box of stuff I'd forgotten at her house. We got some OK responses to this stuff back in the day...let's see if we can't recreate the magic.

And, as always, let's be careful out there!

IF you could relive one romantic date from high school just as it was, which would it be?

(I'm not answering, because I didn't do prom, homecoming or any of that)

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Re: The (maybe) triumphant return of: If...

I'm abstaining. Which is, coincidentally, both the cause and the effect. SPOOOOOOKY.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I can't even say prom because, I can't believe I am saying this.....I did not want my sister to go dateless, so I let her take my date (my boyfriend at the time). Also, my prom dress was taken in to be altered and the lady tailored it wrong (bigger than smaller), so my prom was an utter disaster....and they mixed up the music, so we heard 1940's music (which was supposed to go to a seniors dance). I wonder how the seniors reacted to our music ::). The food looked like seafood and they burnt the baked Alaskan to a crisp. I should have jumped into the ocean that night.

So I am not reliving a moment from high school because it was scarred from the one prom night.

4. Re: The (maybe) triumphant return of: If...

What the hell was wrong with you? Plague?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I know I didn't have any romantic dates in high school. Heck, "romantic" would probably be a stretch for my best college dates.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

It wasn't romantic, but prom my senior year was fun.
    I and a couple other dateless guys went to the pool hall, drank beer, ate chili dogs and shot snooker.
    Good times.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Fiona: The Brain Spawn suppress intelligence by attacking the delta brain wave. Every animal and robot in the universe generates this wave, as do certain trees.
    Nibbler: Fry, however, does not.
    Fiona: Somehow he has cobbled together a random assortment of other brain waves into a working mind.
    Leela: Like a prom dress made from carpet remnants.
    Nibbler: Yes, like your prom dress.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah, there was this one time, the puckbunnies and I were sitting in the blues (the cheap seats), watching our boys play a little Junior A. Now, this was the day before those awful nets 'protecting' the fans.

In between scraps with the Amherst Ramblers, my boy (the goalie) turned away a shot and deflected it directly behind him. It hit me square in the shoulder.

So, he took me out for pizza afterwards. And held my hand on the walk home.

:D

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I move we get a new question.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Patience, UT! A question a day (unless I'm not online).

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nope. I wasn't in high demand with the boys (idiots!) and I wasn't really the dressy-up type.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in IJAG's avatar. Part of me thinks it's funny, but the rest of me is just confused as hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted