1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Masters goes to ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Oct 10, 2007.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

That's what you get for invoking bikini wax. The Masters has always presented a conundrum for me. I love playing the game.. but one thing that always turns me off about the sport is its elitist nature. Few places are more elitist than Augusta National. But goddam is that piece of land gorgeous.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Too bad it wasn't Fox.

They could have glowing golf balls and Bill O and Skank Coulter doing the 18th hole.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Keep Berman away and you have my support, ESPN.

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

There's no way Berman doesn't try to muscle his way into this one. I hope he gets shot down and quits the World Wide Weasel in a hissy fit, paving the way to a career hosting a morning farm report show on a TV station you can only get if you plug in your toaster.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It was Mooney's fault!

Seriously, I heard the news this afternoon when it came down and I'm surprised that ESPN has, ahem, "bagged" Thursday and Friday at The Masters. GQ Van Pelt has to be there, along with Andy North, and Tirico. If Leather is part of this package, then have him do his remote across the street at the Waffle House or some BBQ joint down the road from Augusta. Anything but to let that bloated pompous fat ass from ruining one of our favorite sporting events. Stewya Booya can get down and boogie at James Brown's house. Tirico makes Stewart Scott look like Snoop Dogg.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I would be lying if I wrote that this was the best news I've gotten today.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Berman will be there. They put him on the US Open, gimme one reason why he wouldn't be at the Masters.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Because The Masters has banned announcers before.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Only after they've done something AT the Masters.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

True.

But mentioning that Tirico would host the coverage in the initial press release, without any mention of Berman, was a hint, right?

11. markvid

markvid Guest

No. They didn't list any other announcers, so no, it's not an indication.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

There is no fucking way ESPN will televise the Masters without Berman.

Draft saved Draft deleted