1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mariners WIN!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

He can't have a better career than Frank Colman?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For the record, yes they do keep score in this t-ball. Games are 75 minutes long, unless an inning has already started. It's coach-pitch for the first three pitches, then two tries off the tee.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Alley only writes about his team when they win! :D

Very cool.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's great news, AA. Huggy Jr. won the city championship in his two years to t-ball and the trophies and ball he got from his first "homer" are among his most treasured possessions. They didn't keep score either until the playoffs. He had so much fun playing and made so many new friends.

The city league he plays in doesn't keep score at the younger levels (he's now nine and heading into his fourth season) and they don't keep stats either, so it doesn't degenerate into the big shitshow you get in minor hockey. There are no team websites or any of that shit and the kids don't seem to mind.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

e-mails only, dammit

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I hope they get uniforms. In my t-ball days, we got "pennies" which were glorified smocks to tie over our regular clothes. But we did get sweet mesh trucker hats that matched the pennies.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, that's lame. I would have staged a work stoppage and held out for uniforms.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My kid got a jersey and a hat. You could buy pants for $15 but they weren't mandatory at t-ball.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Jake Taylor: I play for the Indians.
    Old woman: Here in Cleveland? I didn't know they still had a team!
    Jake Taylor: Yup, we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great!

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Believe it or not, this really is a class organization/league. With the registration fee, each kid gets a team hat with their name sewn on the back, and a jersey. Pants, socks, belt, shoes...those are on the parents. Each team has a nice banner with all the kids' names on it. The league has a full website with schedules and scores but no individual stats.

And in two seasons, the WORST behavior I've seen yet was last night when the coach of the Mets twice argued with the umpire. For all of about 10 seconds, each time.

The games are all played at the county's multifield park which, coincidentally, is managed by my ex-mother-in-law, who is the county parks director. So you know SHE makes sure everything is taken care of, especially with her beloved grandson playing.

11. doubledown68

Unfortunately I wasn't that sophisticated at 6 years old. I'm barely more sophisticated now.

12. doubledown68

That's fantastic. Only once in my little league days did I have a sweet, button down uniform. Jersey was a gorgeous powder blue... unfortunatley the pants were mustard yellow, and since they were 20 years old or so, they were different shades of yellow.

Bright blue polyester replaced them the next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted