1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Magic" is missing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Sep 27, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is the divorce impending?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, she's played on maybe half the shows of the tour and everybody appears to be perfectly happy when she does come back. I would guess if things were really on the rocks she wouldn't want to play any shows, and Bruce wouldn't let her.

I have no personal desire to get into Bruce Springsteen's pants so it doesn't bother me to see him bring his wife onstage (contrary to a lot of posters on a lot of Springsteen boards).

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I believe that their oldest is starting college and the other two are about to go back to school. She's worked a part-time schedule with the band this tour.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK...the comment that this was no longer considered unusual or worthy of comment made me wonder if there were issues that the diehard fans knew about.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

There have been rumors of some behavioral issues with the oldest, Evan, while mom and dad have been out on this tour.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got a heck of a show. But on paper, I prefer the setlists from most of the shows this leg of the tour over that one. See them here: http://www.brucebase.org.uk/gig2008.htm

But a few nitpicks... whomever provided you with some of the historical info was off.
    First... Wooly Bully was played several times on the Born in the USA tour (1984). Not sure if its been played since then or not.
    They played part of (or all of) Born to Be Wild on the Tunnel of Love tour during Light of Day on several occassions.

7. EStreetJoe

Nah... Patti's home getting the other two kids ready for school after seeing the oldest one off to Boston College

8. Webster

From Backstreets:

You know "The Hitter"; get ready to meet "The Wrestler." Springsteen is contributing a new original song to The Wrestler, a new film by Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain). Planned for the closing credits, the song is described by the director on his blog as "beautiful... a wonderful acoustic piece.... makes me choke up every time a hear it." As Variety's Anne Thompson reports, the film is debuting "late in Venice, concurrent with Toronto, because they're waiting for Bruce Springsteen to finish his song." Maybe he's still wrestling with it. According to Ain't It Cool News (also reporting that a brief scene for Bruce has been written into Judd Apatow's upcoming Funny People) The Wrestler will also screen at the New York Film Festival in October. Drop us a line if you get to see it!

9. Webster

Pat Riley breaks out a little "Back in Your Arms" in his HOF acceptance speech.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Everybody appears to be in pretty good spirits, although Bruce kinda looks like the kids just asked if they could have credit cards of their own :eek: :eek: :

[​IMG]

Both kids pictured (Evan, 18, and Jessica, 16; Sam, 13, is apparently camera-shy) got up on stage with the ESB this year. Evan is pretty close to a dead ringer for Dad in his "Greetings from Asbury Park" period -- all he would really need would be a white-boy-Afro perm to make the resemblance almost perfect.

Evan was supposedly quite a good lacrosse player in HS. Jessica, as you may have read, is an outstanding equestrian competitor -- I've read a few things (no idea if they're really credible or not) that it's possible she could be an Olympic contender in a few years.

11. Webster

Was playing around You Tube while my daughter was watching Noggin. Here's the stellar Incident from the last night of Giants Stadium. Great guitar solo to end the song.

12. EStreetJoe

In that photo Evan is almost a dead-ringer for his dad from his dad's high school days.
    Here's a photo of the band The Castiles that Bruce was in in high school. Bruce is in front on the left
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted