1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Magic" is missing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Sep 27, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Just listened to the new Springsteen album online for the second time and I'm rather disappointed.
    There's not a single song that really grabs you as "damn, that's classic Bruce." and somehow the entire pacing of the album seems off. At times I thought I was listening to a cross between Lucky Towna and The Rising, which is a rather strange mix.
    The final two cuts, Devils Arcade and the hidden track Terry's Song (a tribute to Bruce's friend Terry Magovern who died this past summer) are real downers.

Anyone else listened and have any thoughts?

Here's the link:

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Music/Artists/Articles/brucespringsteen2

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I really, really thought this was going to be some Mets rant.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And you are really, really wrong.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You weren't the only one.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It always takes me a few listens to an album before I form a true opinion of it. Give it some time.

6. boots

boots New Member

The CD sucked. Your ears didn't deceive you.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought spnited's Viagara ran out, myself.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've listened to it a few times and while I like it much better than a lot of the stuff he's done since Tunnel Of Love there really isn't anything that jumps right off the disc at me.

I'll be spinning it many times in advance of his Toronto show Oct. 15. Like Claws said, this might be one of those ones that takes some time to get in to.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't think it's even close to The Rising.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought maybe Orlando's NBA team was changing its name to the Plastic Black Mouse Ears.

11. Found him.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. spnited

spnited Active Member

In the midst of all the juvenile off-topic comments by SportsJournalists.com/juniorhigh, F_B slams a 700-foot home run.

Very well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted