1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Magic Bottle of Rum and stupid kids

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, May 30, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So, I have college aged and HS aged kids. I also have a cabinet where I keep my liquor. The Mrs and I have been to the Carribean a few times, but not lately, and the places we went had complimentary bottles of rum in the room. We don't drink rum so I kept the bottle and took it home. There's a bottle of rum branded rom St Lucia. I never drank it. A few years ago it was opened, and then it would slowly be depleted. I never drank it, and it was in the back so you couldn't see it when you opened the cabinet.

Last year I put a subtle mark at the level of the liguor. Kid comes home from college and magically the level of liquor has increased.

Who would have thought college would pay off so well?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If the kid was smart he'd be drinking Mount Gay Extra Old.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Friend and I pilfered a vintage bottle of tequila from the back of his grandmother's cabinet when we were about that age. Did not end well, with us drinking the whole bottle and brawling in the yard at some point during the New Year's Eve party. But I don't think she ever noticed.

Draft saved Draft deleted