1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The level to which douche-bags will stoop

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I suppose this is one of the New Yorkers who was so brave to deal without power during that Northeastern blackout a few years back.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I dealt with that storm. I believe we were playing Madden '96 at the time.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Douche bag is not hyphenated.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I hope the city has the testicular fortitude to let this case be heard in front of a jury. The city would win and could reap attorney's fees at the same time. There is no excuse for that.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

It's also not two words. :D

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Listen and understand. The machine is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop, ever… Until you are dead. {sarahconnor/}

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There is that feeling among luxury-car owners, however. How many times has it seemed that the driver of a Porsche, Benz, Beamer, Lexus or other such car blown by you, run a red light or otherwise believe he or she owns the road because of what they drive?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That was one of the more interesting days of my life. I wound up driving around lower Manhattan in a moving truck with no stoplights, meaning right of way was a matter of who wanted to pull out in front of whom. I owned the roads around MSG that day.

9. mapquest shows ocean parkway as a small street near prospect park, off the prospect expy: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Brooklyn&state=NY&address=1+Ocean+Parkway

if i'm pulling up the right area, it means the guy was driving through a semi-residential neighborhood. you're coming right off the highway there, no need to be going through at any more than 40.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Which is why I can't wait for the day when my current car is about to shit the bed (perhaps 18 months) and, say, we play bumper cars when the guy decides to go 90. Oops!

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Take it up with Webster's.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Strange that the guy could hit someone hard enough to kill him and leave body parts strewn across the road but not get a ding on the car. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted