1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The level to which douche-bags will stoop

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/08/24/2008-08-24_hitandrun_driver_claims_city_didnt_take_-1.html

Spot in hell reserved for this guy.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow...

I think a Bentley is one of those cars that you have to be a douche to drive one.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Hmmm ... I thought this thread would be about hondo's self-reflection.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You never stop do you?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. This guy ought to be thankful every day all he got was five years' probation and community service. Guess not.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What a piece of shit. And he got off with a way too lenient sentence. What does the victim being drunk have to do with his decision to flee the scene instead of slamming on the brakes, checking on the man he just hit and calling 911?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Speaking of self-reflection.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

:-*

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only in New York

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You certainly can't condone his leaving the scene or not calling 911 but the article says that the guys body parts were strewn all over the road. What's the speed limit on the Ocean Parkway? 60? 70?

So I'm wondering: the accident may have been entirely the fault of the pedestrian --maybe he wanted to commit suicide and jumped in front of the car.

I think the guy who hit him is a douche of the first order but the article leaves a lot of unanswered questions about the actual accident.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Someone needs to tell the guy that just because he has a nicer car doesn't mean his car deserves special treatment.

The driver does deserve special treatment, however, in Rikers.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

?

Draft saved Draft deleted