1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lee Greenwood Effect

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beardpuller, Mar 18, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

More accurately, Red, when the population thinks right, it's stupid and when it thinks left it's smart.

It's a syndrome known as the height of arrogance.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

News flash: No opinion poll is necessary to know that the war in Iraq is wrong.

And in your hearts, you guys on the right know it, too. If you really felt what we're doing in Iraq is right and just, you wouldn't be citing, like Boom does all the time with his stupid-ass quotes, all of the Democrats who believed there were WMD and voted for the resolution, as if to say, "See, they fucked this up, too!"

And I'm not going to be lectured -- not for one fucking second -- on elitism or arrogance from the side that believes that the same majority against the war is "unpatriotic," "against the troops," or "doesn't have the will to finish the job."

And note that the post that started this flatulence of conservative self-righteousness read "don't know dick," not "stupid." Not necessarily the same thing.

Do I think much of the electorate is stupid? No. Uninformed, yes, but with our shit-for-brains Washington press corps, I really can't blame them. The fact that many Americans still believe Saddam Hussein orchestrated 9/11 is not because most of them are stupid.

However, do I think know America did a very stupid thing in 2000 and 2004? Yep.

History has borne that out, and will continue too.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Please don't presume to tell me what's in my heart of hearts. You've got enough trouble with your own heart and mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted