1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lee Greenwood Effect

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beardpuller, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You left off too ignorant.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'll gladly stop assigning these wingnut talking heads to the conservatives as long as conservatives stop quoting them or using them as sources of legit news.

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Gosh, that's a clever response. I'm devastated.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That didn't happen in 2004, did it?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

By Pastor's narrow standards. I'd love to see you on H and C.

6. beardpuller

Nope. Interesting parallel in the lines of attack, though, trying to make a perceived strength into a weakness -- picking nits with Kerry's Vietnam service, trying to negate the plus of Obama's "faith" by zeroing in on the minister.

7. And relying, always, on an electorate that can be trusted not to know dick.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're either with us or against us.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, listening to Lee Greenwood live is a dicktastically terrible experience.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No worse than Hannity.

I despise Hannity far more than Rush. The fat man can from time to time affect an uncertain charm, not at all unlike Satan in the garden.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the reason a lot of white people are scared of black people is that they are aware of how screwed over they have been. Obama said it well in an interview on Nightline, when a big crime occurs, black people are hoping it wasn't a black person because they figure they'll be lumped in with it, yet I don't know any white people that feel ashamed or like they're looked down on because Timothy McVeigh and Manson were white. When I get pulled over for a b.s. reason (as I have a few times) I never wonder if it was because I was white. When I get bad service at a shop or restaurant, I never figure it is because I am white. We have had different experiences in our lives and its time we should recognize that whether we're Wright, Imus, Dog the Bounty Hunter, or Michael Richards.
    I think more people are more worried about being called a racist than actually BEING a racist.

12. beardpuller

I am quite happy to take your word for that!

Draft saved Draft deleted