1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 29, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hot indeed.

Great first episode.

"Um....I was counting cards."

Fannnntastic!

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"Chicks love it when dudes kiss and bump stuff!"

FX promised me nudity. Where was it? Didn't even see a stray nip in the titty bar.

3. JackReacher

Big difference between what they call "nudity" on FX and what they call it on HBO.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I think it was the women in thongs at the titty bar.

5. JackReacher

Exactly. To FX, that's nudity.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I remember reading about this last year and totally forgot about it. The other night just happened to catch the marathon that was running and I was hooked. Watched it until the wee hours laughing all the way.

In the opener, I was worried it might be a little Entourage-y with a Ochocinco cameo, but he actually had a good role and had some good lines (unlike Mark Cuban </crossthread>). Totally psyched I found this and am DVRing the entire season.

p.s. If you think the wife is hot (not Ruxin's, who is also hot and was in My Name Is Earl), you must love the episode where she pays off the bet.

7. JackReacher

I heard today she's married in real life to the guy who plays Pete.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

According to her IMDB.com page you are correct. She was also Miss Maine Teen and Miss Teen USA runner-up in 1995.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maine has also produced Anna Kendrick. Who knew? I didn't see anything like that when I went to OOB.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Finally watched the DVR'ed season premiere. The last scene at the blackjack table was hilarious. So was the club scene with Taco and Ochocinco - "I'm inside me!" I was wondering why he was carrying around that tape recorder ...

Maine also gave the world Erin Andrews.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Where's the part where Ocho Cinco is kicked out of the NFL for dabbling with fantasy football players gamblers?

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

About to knock this off my DVR list. Fucking cringeworthy awful show tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted