1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 29, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I thought it was hilarious. I hope it keeps up. Like the characters. Like that it's edgy like Always Sunny ...

Couple of laugh out moments: "Ed Hardy pajamas" and "For the No. 1 pick, this guy should walk out the door today and go on a crime spree that would make Robert Blake cum in his pants ..."

And I don't know how many times I've had to give that speech about league dues.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It was much funnier than I expected.
    I'll keep watching.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I watched because of a review in The New York Times yesterday. The review ended with a hint that a woman would do something outrageous during sex in the first few minutes of the show. Yep, it lived up to that.

Otherwise, I laughed at some of it. Something that stood out to me: When the guy was sitting on the toilet talking on the phone, sometimes he would be holding a magazine; other times, he had a beer in his hand. And then the counter in front of him would be clean and then it would have the magazine on it. Just bad editing, but it bothered me. Stuff like that in movies and TV does. My wife hates when I point out stuff like that to her.

4. Scouter

Scouter Member

Just watched this on my DVR. Thought it was pretty good. I'll give it another couple shots. Loved Taco's birthday song.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Taco's birthday song was awesome, but Taco hooking up with the girl and her shouting to pick Aaron Rodgers was better and him just saying, "What she said."
    Hilarious because that wasn't a bad pick and Taco is a moron.

6. JB20

JB20 Member

Did anyone make it to the second episode? I thought it was fantastic. Most shows don't make me laugh as much as this does.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Haven't watched it (not a fantasy guy, for one thing), but one of the actors was interviewed on a local sports-talk show here and he mentioned how in some scenes they were able to re-shoot to reflect what had happened in the first week of the NFL season.

I think it had to do with making a kid-genius character's advice look very good, but I'm not sure.

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Ep. 2 was WAY better than the first, which seemed to strain to get the funny in. Ep. 2, on the other hand, was chock-full of the funny. And plenty of truth, at least as it pertains to my fantasy league.

rb

9. JB20

JB20 Member

The kid said something about guaranteeing Cutler threw four picks in the first game of the season.

I like the show because it's about more than just fantasy football. I wondered how they'd pull that off. It's about of a group of guys getting together and talking trash to each other and discussing the important things in our everyday lives ... like whether or not we're eskimo brothers.

10. kokane_muthashed

Ruxin, played by Nick Kroll, is my new favorite character on TV. Right up there with Charlie from Always Sunny and Hank Moody.

11. kokane_muthashed

I'm currently facebooking all my Eskimo brothers.

12. JB20

JB20 Member

I have never used Eskimo is a sentence before. I had no idea it was capitalized. I guess it makes sense.

Is your list of Eskimo brothers long?

Draft saved Draft deleted