1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The League on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 21, 2010.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

At lunch with Mr. Cougar a couple weeks ago, we were discussing "The League" he said to me, "You know, Ruxin is such a whiner."

He's right. I don't know who is more of a heel, Andre or Ruxin.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Knew nothing of this show. Saw it was on at 3 a.m. and chose it over the 863rd viewing of the PBS oldies show. Was prepared to hate this because I hate fantasy leagues and people obsessed with them, but the show quickly won me over. Very well done.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the second season. Anyone know if they're coming back with a third next year?

Archer starts next month. Nice.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I've watched it from the beginning and this season was pretty funny. ... Think the "eggs-mas" episode was the best of Season 2. "Suck it."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

That was awesome. But I think I liked the vinegar strokes episode the best.

6. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Some great lines week in, week out, like describing Andre as an anorexic pumpkin and Ruxin referring to Taco's weed spawned nuts. I laugh out loud at least five times per episode. I know it's heresy to some on here, but I'm over Always Sunny. It was funny the first two seasons, but to me, it's the same episode over and over. And I know it's part of the gag, but those characters are detestable.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Kevin's meltdown = best TV meltdown of the year.

"I gotta say, I feel like I just won twice."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

Oh man. I disagree. Shocker. :)

I thought the last few episodes of the season were great, especially the Atlantic City one. And the season finale was awesome, too.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hated the first two episodes of the year so much I quit watching. I caught some on TV last night and then caught up on the net, and it was amazing.

10. I'm still a huge Sunny fan but it's clear when the characters went from lovable losers to detestable degenerates. Nightman will never be funny and the episode where Dennis, Mac and Dee tryout for the Eagles will never not be funny.

11. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

12. John

John Well-Known Member

The past two seasons of Sunny have been pretty weak. And I hate saying that because it started off stronger than almost any show ever.

The League was my favorite show this season, thanks largely to the vinegar stroke and fear boner. I didn't like the end of the finale, but otherwise the show seldom missed.

Draft saved Draft deleted