1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest run at Tony K...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vic Mackey, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Bill Conlin hasn't made a run -- or ran -- since 1954.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Journalists talking about journalists. That's news. ::)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not true... you're assuming he's never had the trots... and with a build like that, it's safe to assume there's been some greasy food going down that gullet

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

"If this baby goes down, you and I will end up on the jump page of the story -- or in the 'other fatalities' sidebar."

That's pretty funny.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

When I covered the Saints and Peter Finney would travel to games, the guys from the Times-Picayune and I would joke that we'd be lucky to make the deckhead.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Funny thing is, even juggling all these various jobs a guy might do less work than somebody plugging along on a beat. Having more bosses doesn't necessarily equate to doing more work.

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Reminds me of an old preseason skywriters' football press tour for a major conference. At about 25,000 feet, the old propjet full of writers started making a funny noise. One guy said, "If this baby goes down, there sure are going to be a lot of shitty jobs open up."

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good column.

Good point Twoback. Kornheiser's work is now "columnettes", travel, debating on the clock on PTI, travel, getting six words in edgewise with Theismann (good luck), travel. Will he ever write a 1,000 word story or be allowed to talk uninterrupted for 5 minutes again?

On another note...is Conlin like 35th on the depth chart for The Sports Reporters? I always thought he was good on there.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

seems to be more of a warning to slow down before he drops dead of a heart attack then a rip job.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That is, unless a rip job is calling someone a workaholic, which I highly doubt.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Good column. Bad layout.

Draft saved Draft deleted