1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest on As-The-Vince-Young-Turns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Nov 23, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's been banned from the Titan's facility. Well, at least until Boss Bud finds out...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101123/SPORTS01/101123046/2162/Vince+Young+asked+to+leave+Titans+facility+

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

The current situation seems to indicate that he and Fisher can't co-exist, but Bud's comments yesterday made it sound like no one's going anywhere. Should be interesting.

3. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Jeff Fisher is a heckuva coach, but this taints his legacy to me.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I never liked Vince Young, you know.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Racist asshole!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't get me going on how great an NFL market Jacksonville is!

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Before I look it up on Wikipedia, I'm going to guess that Bud Adams is 87 years old.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was right!

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two questions:

*Are "heckuva" and "heck of a" the same thing? Honest question. Curious why one would be used over the other

*Why does this taint his legacy? Seems to be, admittedly operating with limited knowledge or interest, it shows him as a coach who won't put up with juvenile bullshit.

10. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Re "heckuva", sometimes I use "them" and sometimes I use "'em"; depends on whether I'm in literary or conversational mode. Perhaps this is the same principle at work.

11. Journo13

Journo13 Member

If throwing your jersey into the stands is worthy of being banned from the team's facility, basketball arenas would be filing 50-mile restraining orders against Ron Artest.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

telling your coach in front of the rest of the team that you are quitting on the coach is worthy of being banned. Vince Young has publicly displayed the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 6 year old.

Draft saved Draft deleted