1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest from Walkerstan: Single parenthood leads to child abuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Amendment proposed by Wisconsin State Sen. Glenn Grothman would "Promote statewide educational and public awareness campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the problems of child abuse and neglect. In promoting those campaigns and materials, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect."

Grothman is the assistant majority leader and one of Scott Walker's most vocal and visible allies.

Self-immolation of a party continues.
  2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Well, since single-parenthood is apparently so bad, I suppose we could promote adoption by two stable gay or lesbian parents. Oh wait, the GOP won't like that either.
  3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

"If you use birth control, you're a slut. If you didn't use birth control, and you're not married, you're a child abuser."

Did somebody plant a post-hypnotic suggestion in the entire party that the 19th Amendment has been repealed?
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm convinced the GOP is absolutely trying to lose in November.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Promote statewide educational and public awareness campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the problems of child abuse and neglect."

Sounds like a buncha pinko liberal shit
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

From what the article says, it doesn't say anything about single parenthood. It just mentions kids from non-marital families, which could mean two unmarried parents of opposite gender, or ... gasp ... a gay or lesbian couple.

So basically, what this idiot is saying is that kids are abused because parents don't have a piece of paper saying they are married. Like a piece of paper means you're a qualified parent.

I've said it before on here, but we really need to start a "Running GOP idiocy" thread, or something.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Active Member

"You know what leads to 'child abuse?' Children! Mr. Speaker I therefore move they be banned from the state of Wisconsin!"
  8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Sadly, they weren't able to collect enough signatures to recall this guy last summer.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Lefties need single-parent homes. Kids who get used to government checks grow up to be wholly-owned wards of the Democrat party.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

more broad brush painting from old_phony. I guess it's my Mom's fault my Dad died when I was five. I mean, she should have donee a better job of making sure she he was healthy, right?
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your dad died. I'm sorry for every family that becomes single-parent because of a death. I'm speaking more of the other 95%. But you already knew that.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Single parents are a drag on the society and should be imprisoned.

Their kids can be sold off to Bangladesh at volume rates as cheap labor.

Or maybe we can hire them to clean our toilets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.