1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest attraction at the multi-plex: No kids

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 25, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have major issues with parents bringing their children to movie that aren't age appropriate. I went to see Finding Neverland a few years back, and somebody brought their 6 and 3 year olds to the flick. Completely pissed me off. About 20 minutes in, the kids started fidgeting and then running up and down the aisles.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, because I'm sure there were 15 year olds lined up around the block to get into the 9:20 showing of Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I guess SC will have to find a new place to take her dates.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Parents bringing their infants to late night shows annoy the hell out of me. And, yes, I know it's tough to find a babysitter and they can be expensive.

But "We never get a chance to go out" is not an acceptable excuse for hauling your months-old child to a movie.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The next time I date somebody under 18 will be the first time.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I went to a movie during high school and the kid next, probably 4 years old, to me shit his pants. Really, his dad had to take him to the bathroom to clean the kid up. So, in order for them to get out of the isle, I had to get up, and the smell of feces graced my nostrils. It was a fabulous way to spend an evening out.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I went to an NBA game last season and this couple brought their newborn into the seats right in front of me. Kid couldn't have been more than a month old.

Couldn't believe it. Maybe they couldn't get a sitter. But that's a lotta noise for a newbie's ears.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Becuase, if there's one movie you can expect to see the kids at, it's "Elizabeth: The Golden Age".

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

i have more of a problem with septugenerians who feel the need to talk each other through the movie so they know what's going on. this happened to me yesterday at an afternoon showing of michael clayton--"that's the guy from that scene before"-- and i gave them more shushes than I had given to anyone cumululatively in my moviegoing career

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Shouldn't have had a kid then.

Draft saved Draft deleted