1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last time you were ID'd

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm 27 and I still get ID'd all of the time, I am kind of used to it by now, whether I'm in a bar or a beer store. However, I just set a new personal low today -- I just got ID'd buying season 4 of the Wire, to, as the guy at the counter said, "Prove you're 18." I handed him my driver's liscence and all he can say is "Oh." My previous low was I got carded buying a lottery ticket a couple of months ago and the kid went red faced because he realized then I was at least 5 years older than he was.

I'm not at the age where it is flattering yet. It is a pain in the ass more than anything.

How old were you all when you stopped getting ID'd?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The San Diego Padres hire community groups to work their concessions stands and tell the workers to ID everyone from the woman there on her 21st birthday to the 82 year old grandfather.

I was carded a couple years back when I was 47.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was carded a couple of weeks ago, at what used to be my regular pub. With a 19-month-old in the house, I don't get down there often at all. The owner wasn't there and a new bartender was working. Despite the gray hairs in my beard, she asked to see my ID. I'm 42, so I chuckled and said I'd take it as a compliment.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

My brother got carded on the first week of a family vacation and preened like a peacock the rest of the damn week. He was 41 at the time.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

My wife is 44 and got carded Saturday. She liked it.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If I was in my 40s I guess I would take it as a compliment as well.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago when I wanted to buy Fight Club on VHS at Wal-Mart.

"You've got a B17," the cashier said.

I had no idea what she meant for a second. Then it dawned on me. "You have to be 17."

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The only time I ever considered it a hassle was before I was of age.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that the last time I was carded was before anyone who would likely card me now was born.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm lucky, I could pass for about 15 years younger than I am so I still get carded entering bars (I'm now 47). I hated looking so young when I was in my 20's but its quite a pick me upper now to get carded.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I got carded into my mid-40s, when my scattering of gray hair started to give me away.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I have some gray but I still get carded fairly routinely at 36

Draft saved Draft deleted