1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last man on Earth to join Facebook ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

... has joined.

I feel like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer on there. When I first signed up, I've got friend requests coming at me from all angles. How in the hell did Facebook know I knew these people without putting any info in other than my e-mail? It wasn't even my regular e-mail either, yet it knew all.

It's a whole new world. My sense of shock, awe and total bewilderment at this site is not unlike what I think Queen Victoria might feel like if she was re-animated and taken to a modern city, where she saw a penis cake in an adult bakery.

I wrote that on my Facebook page and some longtime friends who hadn't been in touch for a while were surprised I'd make a penis reference like that just as a matter of course. Ruh-oh. Looks like I'd better tone down the SJ on my Facebook.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Your next act should be to post a link to the MLB clip of your home run fail. :)

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Done and done!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just spent an hour catching up on the thing - had Facebook friend requests from all sorts of folks who I'd been out of touch with - thing is, I feel like a bad "friend" for not keeping up on the thing, and it's even worse posting something and getting seven or eight or 12 e-mails from people. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm friends with some of the people on my list.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Nope. There are still people behind you.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You haven't added me yet??

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have a bunch of friends who haven't joined and have no interest for a variety of reasons -- not wanting women they know keeping tabs on them through it, is reason number one. It also may be an age thing. I don't feel old, but I am suddenly in that 40ish age range.

8. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Member

A guy I work with will go on Facebook when hell freezes over, thaws out, then freezes over again. And then the Nationals will have to win the World Series (sorry Moddy!)

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

I am on but haven't updated in like four months. My kids at the high school keep adding me as a friend. After repeated attempts on explaining why its a bad idea for me to be their "friend" I gave up. Meantime, I keep getting friend requests from all type of people I forgot I even knew.

10. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Fixed.

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm not on. I'm convinced Facebook is what George Orwell warned us about. :D

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Someone, for the love of God, suggest me as a friend for Bubbler!

Draft saved Draft deleted