1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Larry Sanders Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jan 1, 2011.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They've been running a marathon on Independent Film Channel today. It goes till like 4:30 a.m..

It's been too long and I nearly forgot what a great fucking show this is. If you have IFC, you would do well to tune in.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the best shows of all-time. Just brilliant.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hey now!

4. The Larry Sanders Show was Curb before Curb came out, so naturally I've become a big fan. Garry Shandling is just brilliant.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Rip Torn's all-time best role.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

Always loved this show. Never missed it. Watching now, and have been since the Rose Bowl ended.

Just perfect.

One of my favorite scenes was when Larry tried to fax an angry note to Tom Shales, but it went to Hank's fax machine by accident. Hank came out and whined about Larry taking shots at him.

Even after it was made clear it wasn't intended for him, Hank still didn't get it. Skeptical, he said, "But it started out 'Dear dumb fuck.' " ...

Artie's response: "I can understand your confusion."

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Just received my complete series Saturday.

Great television.

8. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Tom Petty getting into fisticuffs with Greg Kinnear and Clint Black was terrific.

Draft saved Draft deleted