1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lantern: OSU's title game loss "could be worse"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Jan 11, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Especially if there was free food to be had.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

That was my lucky break. I never cared about the school I went to beforehand, let alone when I was there. It wasn't hard to get out of the "we" mentality - because there never was a "we" attachment to begin with.

It's ridiculous to see some of the kids who root and cheer for the team week in and week out in the press box, though. It's also interesting to see that the ones that don't have an attachment appear to be on the right path. To me, there's a direct connection between fanboyism and writing skill.

3. silentbob

silentbob Member

I'm really glad I didnt have the journalism police posting my college newspaper stories and designs on the internet, and I'm willing to bet most of you are, too.

They're in college.

Let it go.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Since it was the OSU paper a picture of the App State kid running the blocked FG back would have been a great choice of art to go with the hed.

5. Actually, that would have been perfect. Still not in great taste, but I imagine that's what they were shooting for.

Draft saved Draft deleted