1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lantern: OSU's title game loss "could be worse"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Jan 11, 2008.

1. housejd

housejd Member

Not sure how this ever happened, but interesting nonetheless. Anyone else see this yet? Pretty shoddy journalism, in my opinion.

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2008/01/11/Opinion/It.Still.Could.Be.Worse-3149776.shtml?xmlsyn=1

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

That's flat-out idiotic.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Horrible, horrible execution. The point is valid, but is lost in the irreverant fashion its presented.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Irreverent would be a step up. It's misguided, and speaking of guides, where was the adviser? Fighting fires?

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Our students newspaper didn't have an adviser.

7. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Man...how the mighty have fallen. Sigh.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Aw, hell, it's a college paper and hopefully they learn from it and move on. I hope someone there --adviser or j-school prof -- tells them that aside from the taste issue, big events/news don't need a gimmick, save the gimmick for a day when you've got nothing.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think this is that big a deal. The kids took a chance. It might not have been a crowd-pleaser, but it certainly has some people talking. I buy the EIC's explanation on the choice. But, like Frank said, they didn't need to do anything like that on the front.

10. Holy shit. Hahaha.

Yeah, that's a fuck up, but that's what college newspapers are for.

Experiment, fuck up and learn.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, but someone with that much lack of judgment is already way behind anyone their age.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Far better than the clueless fuck at Colorado State who allowed the "Fuck Bush" deal to go down.

Draft saved Draft deleted