1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lancet Iraqi Study - Utter Garbage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Oct 16, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, Chris has perfected the right wing tendency to distort just about every facet of reality.

2. I should have said "an article in the WSJ" and I misspelled "questions"

Sorry I rushed the post because I was afraid the site would go down again before I could post it.

It still does not hide the fact that you both completely ignored what was written by Stephen Moore. I guess you thought it was better debating technique to attack me instead.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

44 dead Iraqis a day, over the course of a year equals 16,060 deaths.
    70 dead Americans a day, divided by 18 equals 3.8 deaths. Multiply that by 365 and you get 1,419 deaths over the course of a year.

You'll have to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelet, right Chris?

5. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/section?content=a921401057&fulltext=713240928

I think everyone knew the Lancet study was fraudulent but blindness and hate of George W made people take positions they knew in their heart was wrong.

It is sad to see such a distinguished publication as the Lancet be brought to such depths by political agendas. The damage to science by people on the left trying to make the facts fit their beliefs is doing damage to scientific method that will take decades to undo.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The same is true of the campaign against second-hand smoke, which is damaging public health credibility more than walking past a smoker is doing to the average American citizen.

Fact and truth are less important than the issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted