1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lake House

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jun 21, 2006.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

They wouldn't have felt it was worth greenlighting had it not been for their involvement up front, either before the screenplay was written (if it was sold as a pitch) or after. The numbers I posted only justify the decision.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe in the initial script the house was a mobile home going 55 mph and if it stopped it would go KABLOOM.

That would sell.

Definitely.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A number of years ago Reeves played Hamlet in a Winnipeg production. Reviews were surprisingly not bad.

He did the "laconic" Hamlet.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What a shock.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Katie Holmes had a nice topless scene. It's a good movie even without that you should check it out. Keanu really holds his own with Cate Blanchett, Hillary Swank, Giovanni Ribisi, Greg Kinnear, J.K. Simmons and Gary Cole.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I live by one rule: If you have the option, never read the book before you see the movie.

There's a 99% chance the movie will disappoint you when compared to the book and almost no chance the book will be catastrophically ruined by the movie.

7. Baloo

Baloo Member

thanks jake, I will. Big fan of cate blanchett, and i also like swank. Kinnear is underrated, I think - I thought he was excellent in the sabrina remake - one of the few remakes i've really liked - and in as good as it gets. ... On a side note, i never understood how ribisi got any roles - he can't act worth a lick.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Keanu is good in "Constantine"...he's good in any movie where he just has to stand around surrounded by special effects and look cool. But if he is asked to act...forget about it.
    My Mom asked me this weekend if I was going to see "The Lake House"....and I think she was serious. How can you raise someone and talk to them regularly for 35 years and not know a damn thing about them? Unreal.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I am writing this reply from two and a half years in the future.

FYI: The Iraq war continues, the U.S. economy has failed, Tampa Bay lost the World Series to the Phillies, and an African-American man soon will be inaugurated as our new president.

Tonight, I watched this movie on basic cable. And, indeed, it sucked.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is 2006: So do you have any good stock tips? I'm sure McClatchy's stock is about to take off after buying Knight Ridder. I just bough a home and got a great deal on a home loan - they are paying ME to take the loan. How cool is THAT?

Draft saved Draft deleted