1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lake House

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Did you guys ever see Die Hard?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I must respectfully disagree with Mr. DyePack that liberals are assclenchers.

With our acceptance of gays, eating of fibers, enjoyment of high colonics and such, our asses tend to be relaxed, as opposed to our red-meat eating, uptight conservative friends.

Please do carry on, though.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I do believe you're right, Ace. Isn't it generally accepted that the conservatives are, for the most part, a tight-assed bunch? I thought they were the reason the term "tight-ass" was invented.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As far as the movie goes, dog. Was it supposed to be a metaphor for the futility of the United States Postal Service? I don't quite get it.

Usually, when I want good acting I go to a Keanu Reeves movie, so this is perplexing.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, THANK you.  ;D

What have I been saying for two months? Nobody else can act like someone pissed on his corn flakes on every single post.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I swear to God, I wasn't expecting a good movie. In fact, I figured I wouldn't like it. But I had no idea I would get what I did.

Let me give you a few lines from the great Mr. Ebert that may clue you in:

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds dreamy. I'm guesssing split-personality, sex-change operation.

So don't spoil it for me, dog.

8. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

Anybody want to make a case for Keanu's best attributes as an actor (besides 'whoa!')?

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

good heavens, I saw the words The Lake House and figured this was a thread I had no interest in reading. Then I got a PM. And sure enough, I wish I hadn't read it.
    :-\

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, Modaho, DO let this go on. It's uncovering an important truth.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe we could resurrect the "Wedding Crashers" thread and compare writing styles. :)

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

If I were going to whack it, it'd be gone.

Sometimes the best thing to do with bad things is to let them live.

Draft saved Draft deleted